Are you translating or planning to translate a Chinese or Japanese novel? Don’t know how to set up a website? Want to try translating a chapter but don’t want to commit?
Consider joining Foxaholic!
- No requirements on translation quality (We will help you improve your translation skills and quality!)
- No requirements on update frequency
- That means you can translate one chapter and never show up again or translate a chapter per year, and we will be fine with it. (Your readers might not be fine though haha.)
- You can translate any novel you desire, even 18+ novels
- You earn ad revenue calculated based on the amount of page views you generated on your translations
- You can add this onto your resume under work experience 🙂
- And you can join the awesome team of Foxaholic translators on Discord!
(**Note about no requirements on update frequency: you will be removed from the Foxaholic Translation group if you are inactive in the group for 3+ months. You will be consider “active” by doing one of the following: chatting in the Foxaholic Discord, posting a translation on the site, contacting Fox23, or warning Fox23 of a upcoming long-term absence.)
Already have a translation site of your own that you want to maintain?
No problem; we have many people on the team in the same position! You can pick a new project to post on Foxaholic. You can also cross post* on both sites if you are willing to decrease your potential ad revenue.
*We ask that you either make sure that Foxaholic is 4-5 chapters ahead of your personal site or you wait for 1-2 weeks after posting to Foxaholic to post on your personal site.
There’s no test to join. We only ask that you have or create a Paypal account to receive your earnings. (If your country doesn’t have Paypal, we can look for an alternative.)
So pick a novel you want to work on and start posting!
Interested? Just type your email or WordPress username in the form below and we will add you to the group right away!
Have questions? Then just contact us through the form below.
- How does posting on the site work? The site is powered by WordPress, so we’ll send you an invitation to join the group. Then everything will run like any other wordpress site: you will be able to post and edit on the site whenever you want.
- I don’t think I can commit to a group. Should I still join? Yes! We truly have no requirements on posting schedule. You can join and not post anything for months.
- If I join, can I still continue to post on my personal translation site? Of course you can. You can translate one project here on Foxaholic and a different one for your translation site. Alternatively, you can rotate where you post (i.e. post all the odd chapters here on foxaholic and the even chapters on your own site.) Just note that this will cut down on your potential earnings.
- I want to join but I don’t know what to translate. No worries. On the team’s discord, we have a list of novels with short chapters and easy translation level that you can consider picking up.
- I don’t want to commit translating any particular novel / Can I drop my chosen project? We do not require projects to be finished so feel free to drop your project whevever you want. Also feel free to only translate teasers (aka 1-2 chapters of a novel.) That’s what the teaser tab is for on the site hehe.
- Can I have an editor? At the moment, Foxaholic does not have any editors, but feel free to recruit your own editor. It will also be up to you on how to split ad revenue, but we can handle sending out the payments.
- Can I post my BL, GL, etc. translations on Foxaholic? We don’t exclude any Asian webnovel translations so yes you can post them here. (Exception: due to the recent crackdown on fan translations by Korean publishers, we will not accept Korean novels.)
- I don’t know Chinese/ Japanese. Can I still translate? We accept edited mtl. We have no requirements on translation quality (aka the accuracy of your translations), but we ask that you try your best and ask for help if you need help with phrases/ sentences. Regardless of translation accuracy, your translations should still have good grammar, correct spelling, etc. If you have issues with grammar, you can still join, but we may ask for you to work with an editor/proofreader.
- How is ad revenue calculated? It’s calculated based on the pageviews your posts generates. The more pageviews, the more money for you!
- What if I don’t have a Paypal? Contact us and we will find an alternative method of payment depending on where you are from.
- How frequently do you pay out earnings? For translators located in the US, every month through paypal. For international translators, Paypal charges a fee (which will be split 50-50 between Foxaholic and the individual translator): •Under $1, PayPal charges a 100% fee •Less than $20, PayPal charges a fee of $.99 •Between $20 and $100, PayPal charges 5% fee Above $100, PayPal charges a fixed fee of $4.99; at the end of every month, Fox23 will contact international translators individually to ask if he/she would like to be paid then or have the month’s earnings roll over to the next month
- How much money can I make? It really depends on what percent of readers are using ad block and where they are from, so your earnings can really vary from month to month. For the month of Aug 2019, our earning rate was about $18 USD per 25,000 page views.